Sunday, June 04, 2006

Yesterday's Sample:L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc

After all the florals I tried last week, I was ready yesterday to try something else. Also, so many things are in bloom in Atlanta right now, it smells wonderful all over the place, so why try to compete?

I sniffed through a few samples and decided to wear L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc. Aedes lists the notes as blackberry with a hint of musk. On me this scent was very fresh and clean, as in soapy, with quite a bit of woods. I didn't pick up any trace of the blackberry. I enjoyed wearing this, but honestly I think it would smell better on Bob (after sniffing it on me, he thinks so too, so I'm bequeathing my sample to him). It's definitely unisex, but not for me. I think I am going to order a sample of Mure et Musc Extreme to try for myself instead.

Victoria has a wonderful review of both versions of this fragrance at Bois de Jasmin.

Of the other L'Artisans I've tried, La Chasse aux Papillons (regular...the extreme was beautiful but a bit much for me) has been my favorite. I'm also dying to try Thé pour Un Été and Fou d'Absinthe.


What's your favorite L'Artisan?

*photo from Aedes.com