Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Today’s Sample: Calypso Mimosa

A few weeks ago I tried Calypso Chevrefeuille, and Victoria offered me a sample of her favorite Calypso, Mimosa.

The notes for Mimosa are as follows:
Top: Green leaves
Heart: Mimosa, rose, jasmine
Base: Sandalwood

To me, Mimosa is simpler than Chevrefeuille (which, with its soft peppery amber, could evoke a stroll on a sweet early spring evening as easily as it could evoke sitting next to a fire on a bright cold day), yet no less lovely. This is what I call a “white dress” fragrance, perfect for summer, or for anytime when you just need a little summer in your life, need to picture yourself in a white cotton dress, shoes off, standing on the beach in the pink light of a mid-summer evening, or walking across lush green grass covered by the shade of tall trees.

And speaking of white dresses…I had ordered my Chevrefeuille sample from LusciousCargo, where they have the fragrances listed under Calypso St. Barth, but actually the name of the line is Christiane Celle Calypso, and they have an online store where they not only sell fragrances, but clothes…and in fact—white dresses! Here are two of my favorites, along with some other cute finds.






*all photos from www.calypso-celle.com