Monday, June 19, 2006

Today’s Sample: Anne Pliska

All week, Monday through Sunday, I’ll be sampling some lovely treats I received from the very kind Victoria at Victoria’s Own. She was nice enough to decant some of her personal favorites for me, including her beloved Anne Pliska.

The notes in Anne Pliska are vanilla, orange essence, geranium, bergamot, patchouli, amber, and musk. This scent is absolutely beautiful and perfectly balanced, both soft and warm. If a scent were ever full-bottle worthy, this one is it…In fact, I ordered a bottle this morning--my first full-bottle purchase since I started sampling! I tried it on immediately after opening and loved it from the first. Over the weekend, I had planned to share with you a list of my favorite samples so far. I've been keeping the list since I started my little project, and things move around every week. But for the first time, I sampled something and didn't even worry about the list--I just bought it, no question.

I won’t even try to do this scent justice, when Victoria has already reviewed it so well—it’s a scent she really knows and loves, and I’m so happy she shared it with me.


*photo from lusciouscargo