Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Soldier On, Indeed

Friends, I am still out of commission. I recovered from my bug only to suffer the worst allergy attack I've experienced in months. Earlier in the day I thought I might recover, but I found myself requiring a second dose of antihistamine and a long nap. Sadly, my nose is still tender, and I dare not tickle it or taunt it with anything. I had planned a little rose showdown between Hermes Hermessence Rose Ikebana and Bond No. 9 Bryant Park, but it will have to wait until my nose recovers.

I can share with you, though, Bob's impressions upon being offered each wrist just after perfume application: "That one smells like Kool Aid. That one doesn't smell like Kool Aid."

I'll leave you to guess which is which. I hope you all are having a lovely week so far!

*image of Roses et jasmin dans un vase du Delft (1880-1881) by Pierre-Auguste Renoir from WebMuseum