Monday, August 07, 2006

Serge Lutens A La Nuit

Back to white florals, today I’m wearing the lovely A La Nuit, with notes of Moroccan, Indian, and Egyptian jasmine, white honey, benzoin, and musk. The jasmine is very direct at the opening, but not overpowering. This dries down into a very soft honeyed musk that sits close to the skin. Sadly, like Datura Noir, I can feel this one fading much too quickly. Again, could be my light hand when applying. I’ve noticed that Serge Lutens scents tend to have very powerful openings and very quite, almost hushed endings. In like a lion and out like a lamb, as it were. (I’d like to stop here and thank Tom, who in his comments for his guest review of Miel de Bois on Perfume-Smellin’ Things suggested I apply Miel de Bois in the ladies’ room here at work, so I could cast an accusatory glance at a co-worker if I got any nasty cat pee at the top. Supposedly this scent is wonderful if you can just get through the first few hours…I guess if I don’t find it wonderful after all that, I’ll still have a tool for exacting revenge on my co-workers, should they cross me.)

*photo from Aedes