Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Life in the Slow Lane

Ah, today I am wearing Temper Chocolates Temperare 03: oakmoss, chocolate, fig, vanilla, kukui nut, sage, dalmation. Outside it's raining and raining and raining, and it's cooled off quite a bit. This scent is perfect for a morning liek this--it's like a nice, dark, strong cup of coffee, comforting with a bit of pick-me-up. That's about the best I can do on a review today.

I've fallen behind not in actual sampling, but in writing about sampling. Work is not only crazy busy, but also crazy. The group I work in is going through major upheavals at the moment, and it's none too pretty. Sadly, I work with some seriously malicious and insecure folk who have nothing better to do than spread conspiracy theories and nasty rumors about their co-workers. Nasty gossip drains the life out of me. I keep my door closed (yes, thank goodness, we have doors on our cubes), but I can still hear them out there, spreading venom. Everyone's talking in a normal voice and then suddenly, it's all hissing whispers. I put my headphones on and listen to music and try to keep working, but sometimes I find myself just staring out the window, the headphones silent, wishing I were somewhere else. I'm doing my best to stay away from toxic people. I've had my fill.

I also now have this new Blogger Beta, because I fancy myself an early adopter, but now I find I can't comment on some of my favorite blogs! Ohhh...ggrrrr. So if you are visiting me today, and you know I usually visit your blog and comment regularly, well...it could be Blogger's fault. That's all I'm saying.

And to close on a high note, I can't stop looking at all the pictures of Fashion Week! Whenever I take a break at work I go to Style.com. The shows, the parties. My favorite thing to look at is The Sartorialist's pictures he's taking of people outside the shows. The Sartorialist is one of my very favorite blogs--I'm sure you've all heard of it. I love looking at these pictures of real people and how they dress every day. The show clothes and the models are fun to look at, but I know I'll never be a model. On the other hand, I do hope to be a real person one day, so these pics inspire me.

*photos from Temper Chocolates, The Sartorialist and Style.com