Friday, July 11, 2008

Etro Messe de Minuit

I don't care how hot and sticky it is outside, all week I have been craving incense. I tried for several days to force myself into something "summery" (Prescriptives Calyx, Clinique Happy Heart, Serge Lutens Fleur d'Oranger), but the days I've been happiest with my perfume choices I've worn something dark. Wednesday, it was Black Cashmere, and today, it's Etro Messe de Minuit. We've had quite a bit of rain this week, and outside just feels swampy, but there's something about Messe de Minuit which suits this weather perfectly. It feels as though I've escaped the rain by running into an old wooden church full of mildew and incense. This might not sound appealing, but I assure you it is. Something about this fragrance feels so full of history.

I can also tell my incense phase has yet to run its course. Even though it's not technically an "incense" scent, I almost broke out the Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir this week as well--and I'm not saying it still won't happen.

What about you, friends? Are you spritzing to beat the heat, or to suit your mood?

Have a lovely weekend!

*image from Aedes